Well the good news is my computer has been returned - and with all the information present - very helpful...BUT I have an assignment due in 2 days so am just hoping that it will continue to work well and that nothing will go wrong. Besides that, since I have my computer - I have the photos I took between Wangas and Auckland last week - different to the last time. These are in no particular order

In Maori, NZ is known as Aotearoa which means 'Land of the long white cloud' we certainly saw a lot of that on this particular trip - but what was different was how low the clouds were - at the middle of the hills instead of covering the tops

The turnoff to the Forgotten Highway

The railway carriage cafe in Taumaranui

One of the rail bridges

the Banana bridge - from a distance and close up


This is one of the bad areas of the Parapara - the road currently goes abound in a U bend - but one section has a huge washout meaning its currently only one lane (so traffic can only pass in one direction at a time) in order to eliminate this, the new road is being built as can be seen above, cutting across the U using a bridge, then cut into the hill, then another bridge

that same piece of road - you can see the road currently goes around where the small Ute is parked - the new route goes straight ahead - across the bridge and through the v gap that has been cut into the hillside
look at the small amount of almost white in the shade of the trees...what might that be? :D

and a little more (this could only be seen in the shaded areas where the sun hadn't reached yet)

and just a little on the road

and beside the road...what do you all think it might be? (sorry bout the clarity of the photos not being the best)
Mount Ruapehu in winter

3 comments:
Wow! NZ never ceases to be a beautiful place. ;)
Pretty pictuers...NZ has so much landscape :P I know this. I'm not sure why.
LOOK I'M COMMENTING OGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would comment on your last post but I has nothing to say about the tag and everyone else already took my answer to your question >:( :) So yah.
NZ is so beautiful! I wanna see it myself someday. :D
I really really like the pictures of the mountain... it's just so pretty!
Post a Comment